That night my boat was pushed out the heart of the stream;那一晚我的船推出了河心,
The deep blue sky with dense trailing stars did teem.湛藍的天上拖著密密的星。
That night your hand was in my hand, held so fast;
那一晚你的手牽著我的手,
The wandering starry night locked the grief down cast.迷惘的星夜封鎖起重愁。
In case that we go separate ways, you and me,
那一晚你和我分定了方向,
We would live our own life, whatever it might be.
兩人各認取個生活的模樣。
Up to now, my boat still floats on the blue ocean;
到如今我的船仍在海面上飄,
The frail mast against the wind oft stirs a motion.
纖弱的桅桿常在風濤里搖。
Up to now the sun but behind me does linger,
到如今太陽只在我背后徘徊,
Casting its shade about me layer upon layer.
層層的陰影留守在我周圍。
Up to now, I still remember the sky that night,
到如今我還記著那一晚的天,
Starlight, tears and the riverside covered with white.星光、眼淚、白茫茫的江邊!
Up to now I miss your seed sowing on the bank,
到如今我想念你岸上的耕種:
Red flowers, yellow flowers, so vivid,so rank.
紅花兒黃花兒朵朵的生動。
That day I hoped to have climbed to the very top;
那一天我希望要走到了頂層,
In the moistening honey my memory does sop.
蜜一般釀出那記憶的滋潤。
That day a plumed arrow I would take and let go
那一天我要挎上帶羽翼的箭,
Into your garden, shot from my fully bent bow.
望著你花園里射一個滿弦。
That day you would hear a song just like from a bird;那一天你要聽到鳥般的歌唱
That was for you, long awaited, such a reward.
那便是我靜候你的贊賞。
That day you would see a flower shade stirred appear;那一天你要看到零亂的花影,
That was for you, the border so trespassed that year.那便是我私闖入當年的邊境!